Dundee Women's Aid has been supporting women, children and young people who are experiencing Domestic Abuse for almost 40 years. The development of our service has been influenced by the experiences of the women, children and young people that we have supported. As an organisation we provide a range of services including information, support and temporary refuge accommodation.
We have a public office in the heart of the city centre with lift access and staff available to assist if you require additional help to access our top floor office (click here for map). We offer support over the phone, in our office and in the community. Workers will listen to you and support you to make the decisions that are right for you and your children (if you have any). We will respect your choices.
- Confidential, and non-judgemental service to women, young people and children who have experienced domestic abuse. The abuse may be from a partner, ex-partner or someone they are living with.
We strive to provide an inclusive service and support women from all backgrounds regardless of substance misuse issues, mental/physical health, race/ethnicity, religion, age, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.
- One to one support
- Group work with other women
- Support, whether you choose to stay with or leave your partner
- Information about your rights
- Safety Planning
- A safe, temporary place to stay
- Support in finding a new home
- Support to young people & children
- Sign posting to other agencies that can help